We are a Voluntary Aided (VA) Church of England (C of E) School belonging to the Diocese of Oxford and the Parish of Shenington with Alkerton. We follow the Oxford Diocesan Religious Education (RE) Scheme of Work.
The Diocese of Oxford, the administrative body for the Anglican Church, spans the three counties of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. With 815 churches, it is the largest Church of England Diocese.
Shenington was originally part of the Worcester Diocese until 1541 when it was transferred to the Gloucester Diocese. In 1837 it passed back to the Worcester Diocese. It only became part of the Oxford Diocese in 1900 when Shenington Parish was united with Alkerton Parish.